It’s 8 am on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. At this time most of us are not drinking alcohol. But make the day Saturday or Sunday and throw in a College or NFL Football game and we are now drinking! Beer becomes your morning coffee.
If you are a tailgater that needs a little help making the adjustment to early morning alcohol, I discovered and tested the below breakfast recipes that use a tailgater’s favorite ingredient…BEER. These recipes are really useful for those noon or 1pm kickoffs.
- 1/2 bottle of beer (I used closer to 3/4 of a bottle and the beer was Blue Moon)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs (I used 3 eggs)
- Hot sauce for taste (I used Tabasco sauce…5 drops on each egg)
– Combine the beer, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in a large skillet. Bring to a boil.
– Crack the eggs into the boiling mixture and poach to desired doneness.
– Remove the eggs and continue simmering the sauce for about three minutes until thickened and reduced. Pour the sauce over the eggs and serve.
My Note: I have also used beer in scrambled eggs. For those of us that add a bit of milk or water to our scrambled eggs, just substitute beer for the milk or water.
This recipe (though it’s not really a recipe) I discovered out of boredom one Sunday morning. I tried it in the parking lot at the last Eagles home game (using a skillet on the grill) and it tasted just as tasty!
- Get a box of Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix.
- Turn the box so you are reading the side of the box.
- Locate the Pancake recipe.
- Follow the Pancake recipe: Bisquick Mix, Milk, and Eggs.
- Add one cup of your favorite beer. It was a cold, fall morning so I used a cup of Pumpkin Beer. I assume that using a blueberry flavored beer would be like blueberry pancakes, no?
- Top with syrup and Eat!
- Locate the cooler.
- Locate the bottle opener.
- Open the beer.
- Open your mouth.
- Drink your liquid breakfast.