Yes, you read that headline correctly. There is a link
hidden right up front that links a Playboy Playmate professing she thinks tailgating is romantic and sexy. Where did they find this gorgeous creature? Hooters, of course. If that wasn’t enough incentive to keep reading we have links about fraternity tailgate parties, a grill that puts out close to a half million BTUs, NASCAR tailgating and more videos from the recent Jimmy Buffett tailgate party. On top of all that I will include links that not only deal with issues facing tailgaters but other topics that tailgaters across the board would be interested in. A great example would be Don Chavez has an online guide to the Top 10 Father’s Day Gifts. Just be careful when you visit ‘ol Don Chavez. Some of the stuff over there is sometimes NSFW including the opening photo of that list.
Alright, on with the links…
- Laura Croft, Playboy’s Playmate of the month for July, says her idea of a romantic night out would involve tailgating with friends before going to a monster truck rally. (Busted Coverage has photos and video of the former Hooters girl from Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Omaha city officials have approved the funding of a $127.5 million, 24,000-seat downtown stadium that will replace Rosenblatt Stadium as home of the College World Series in 2011. Even though the downtown stadium will still permit tailgating, replacing the neighborhood feel of Rosenblatt Stadium could prove jarring for some longtime fans.
- Sizzup provides the Top 10 Shots. (How did I know I would have sampled all of these even before I knew what the list was?)
- PC World compares gaming dorks lining up to buy the latest video game to sports fans tailgating.
- WIBW in Kansas City uses the allure of tailgating at Arrowhead Stadium as a way to sell more group tickets to Chiefs games.
- Losers with Socks hosts a video poking some fun at University of Florida fans.
- The Phi Gamma Delta fraternity chapter at the University of Georgia was put on probation nearly a year for underage drinking. Alcohol will be allowed at some fraternity sponsored events, including tailgate parties.
- Go tailgating at the York County Balloon Festival and see the Johnsonville Big Taste Grill. A grill that is 65-foot, puts out 440,000 BTUs and can grill about 750 brats at a time.
- NFL Juice asks, Are Tampa Cheerleaders Underrated?
- Detroit News shares the video they shot at the Jimmy Buffett Concert tailgating scene from Clarkson, Michigan. Thanks to Buffett World.
- Lake the Posts claims that the Falk family is somewhat of royalty stature when it comes to the east lot tailgating scene before Northwestern Football games.
- Foodie Obsessed is pulling for Stephanie Izard to be named the next Top Chef because of her tailgating skills.
- Brahsome lists the Top 10 CDs to take to a deserted island.
- Tailgating is the theme for the Breckenridge Town Party to mark the grand re-opening of the Riverwalk Center.
- Banned in Hollywood spots Hillary Duff looking hot at the Lakers game.
- Ian’s Tailgate ’08 was a success! (They even printed up shirts you can buy online.)
- PSU Girl declares that it’s time to talk tailgating.
- Stand By Your Van believes as kindhearted as it is to include Owatonna’s underclassmen in school spirit activities, it might just be a better idea to let tailgating stay a senior tradition.
- Coed Magazine reports that a Naked Man Gets Self Stuck In Port-a-Potty.
- Kyle Crawford is tailgating with the homeless.
- DetroitWhat hits the Sports Inferno message boards in search of some NASCAR tailgating advice.
- The Brian Kapko Foundation will be having its fourth annual “Bub-A-Que” tailgate party at the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball game against the Atlanta Braves. All money raised benefits the Brian Kapko Foundation who was killed in a car accident in 2005.
- Lenoir-Rhyne College wants to remind everyone about their Football Tailgating Etiquette policies.
- Garner Magnet High School Class of 1978 reunion plans include hosting a tailgate party.