Good evening Tailgaters! Our friends at Johnsonville passed along some recipes for varying types of bloody mary cocktails. While I personally don’t drink them I’m confident that plenty of you are no stranger to one on a Sunday morning, plus they just look cool. Not to mention they’re all based on a region, yesterday was Wisconsin, so it might be fun to pick and choose based on the teams that are playing. So without further adieu I give you the NOLA Bloody:
Courtesy of Johnsonville
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
- ¾ cup vodka
- 1 ½ cups bloody mary mix or tomato juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Louisiana spice mix
- 4 JOHNSONVILLE® New Orleans Smoked or Andouille Sausages, grilled
- 4 skewers
- 4 celery stalks
- 4 gimlet olives
- 4 pickled okras
- 1 sliced red pepper
- ½ teaspoon of celery bitters or celery salt
- In a pitcher, mix vodka, bloody mary mix or tomato juice, hot sauce, lemon juice and spice mix.
- Pour into 4 glasses with ice and celery salt rim.
- Cut sausage into thirds
- For the garnish, assemble each of the four skewers with the sausage, sliced red pepper, gimlet olives and pickled okra, place into cocktail with celery stalk.