Hoosier BBQ Ham on Cornbread Biscuits With Country Relish
Submitted by Lori M.
- 2 lbs. cooked ham , diced into 1/2″ cubes
- 2/3 C Stubb’s Original BBQ sauce
- 1 can(16 oz) of 8 large cornbread biscuits or large flaky biscuits, baked
- 2T butter
- 1C chopped celery
- 1/2 C chopped sweet yellow onions
- 1/2 C diced bread and butter pickles
- 1/4 C juice from the bread and butter pickles
- 1 tsp sweet yellow mustard
- 1/4 C diced dill pickles
- 1/2 C sliced red onions
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Set aside.
- Pull ham into shreds. Spray pan with cooking spray. Brown ham slightly over med-high heat.
- Add bbq sauce. Stir together and cook down until browned and sticky.
- In a small food chopper or food processor, place the chopped celery, chopped onions, bread and butter pickles and juice, mustard and dill pickles. Pulse until just finely chopped. Place in small bowl and set aside.
- Split open biscuits , butter insides lightly until butter melts. To serve, Place biscuits on work surface. Place a heaping serving of bbq ham on the bun and top with celery relish and a red onion slices.