Submitted by: Sherri W.
Vegetable oil (For brushing on the grill rack)
5 slices thick cut pepper bacon, grilled
2 pounds ground chuck
2 tablespoons Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Rub
1 teaspoon cumin
6 thick slices aged cheddar jack white cheese
12 little beef smokie sausages
2 tablespoons butter, softened
6 Brioche hamburger Buns split
8 Boston lettuce leaves
2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
Special Spicy Sauce:
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup Stubbs Green Chile Anytime Sauce
2 tablespoons jarred candied jalapeño peppers, chopped
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 shallots, sliced thin
½ cup gourmet pepper rings
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat grill to medium high heat. Brush grill rack with oil. Turn heat down to medium heat. Lay slices of bacon on grill; cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn heat down to low and flip bacon slices. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until bacon is done. Set aside, cool and chop.
2. Form the mixture into 4 equal patties. Mix BBQ rub and cumin together. Season both sides of burgers with BBQ rub mixture.
3. Combine special sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl, set aside until ready to use.
4. Place patties on hot grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes, flip and cook other side for 2 ½ minutes or until preferred doneness. Add cheese slices the last 30 seconds of grilling time.
5. Grill beef sausages for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile combine flour, salt and black pepper in a zip lock bag. Add shallots and pepper rings to bag; shake. Make sure shallots and pepper rings are evenly coated.
7. Heat a skillet to medium high heat on grill side burner. Add oil. Fry shallots and peppers for a 1-2 minutes or crispy and golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
8. Spread softened butter on Kaiser rolls, grill for 30-45 seconds or until golden brown.
9. Build the burger: Spread special sauce on bottoms of rolls followed by lettuce, tomato, burger, beef sausages, more special sauce, fried shallots, pepper rings and top of bun. Enjoy!