Here at Tailgating Ideas it is no secret we love the bacon. And what is better than a good old fashioned BLT sandwich? Now comes along the BLT Dip for tailgating.
- 1-1/2 pound bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled, and divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded) or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoons mustard
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cup shredded Iceberg lettuce
- pepper an salt to taste
Toasted bread rounds, crackers, or pita chips.
Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 11⁄2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside 3/4 cup crumbled bacon.
In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, sour cream, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and mustard. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes, remaining 3/4 cup crumbled bacon and lettuce over hot dip. Serve immediately with toasted bread rounds, crackers, or pita chips.
If you are taking this BLT Dip to the tailgating parking lot, we suggest placing the chopped tomatoes, remaining 3/4 cup crumbled bacon and lettuce in a ziploc bag and transporting separate from the dip. When you are ready to serve while tailgating, add the chopped tomatoes, remaining 3/4 cup crumbled bacon and lettuce at that time.
Because this is a hot dip, in order to keep it hot during transport to the tailgating site, we would suggest using the Tailgate HotBag, that keeps hot foods hot up to 170 degrees for as long as you like. We would suggest the Tailgate Hotbag Side Loading model for this particular recipe.
- Weekend Wrap #49: One For The Thumb Edition
- Weekend Wrap #62: Knockout Edition
- Video: Bubba Keg Convection Grill - Seasoning
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #86: Jessica Burciaga Edition
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #3: Kelsi Metzler Edition
- Grilled Shrimp With Bacon
- Bacon Roses - A Tailgating Valentine's Day Idea
- Bacon Flavored Envelopes
- Bakon Vodka Review
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #96: Justene Jaro Edition