The tailgating contests keep rolling in with the most recent one coming from [Yellow Tail] Wines. (I am not sure why they have those little [brackets] around their name but they do.) Anyway, this one is currently accepting submissions at Yellow Tail Wines to find the ‘best [yellow tail]-gator’. (Oh, I get it. [yellow tail]-gator’. How original.) Whether you like the name of their contest or not you can’t ignore the grand prize which is a $10,000 tailgating party.
Here is what they want you to do:
On a 3″ x 5″ card, hand print your
* complete name
* street address (no P.O. boxes)
* zip code
* daytime telephone number with area code
* date of birth
Mail in an envelope to:
W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd.
“[yellow tail] Fall 2008″ Contest
P.O. Box 3023
Rogers, MN 55374-3023
With your 3″ x 5” card, submit your original and unpublished photo and essay explaining how [yellow tail]® helped put your tailgating party on a whole new playing field.
Essay submissions may not exceed 200 words. Both photo and essay must be submitted by 10/31/08 in order to be eligible for the Contest. Official Entry Forms must be legible and completed in full to be valid. Limit one (1) entry per person, household or address.
Sounds simple enough but I took the liberty to read through all the legal mumbo jumbo and that fine print. (You see what sacrifices I make for you people so you can tailgate for free?)
Photographs and essays will be judged on December 1, 2008 by a [yellow tail]-appointed judging panel that will review how [yellow tail] wines contributed to the pre-game fun, the overall creativity of the tailgating events, and the quality of the essays. Read: make sure your tailgating picture has their wine prominently displayed and visible.
The grand prize winner will receive a $10,000 football-themed party, including $200 in spending money, and five first prize winners will receive a flat-screen television valued at $1,000. Winners will be notified by February 1, 2009, and the grand prize must be fulfilled by December 31, 2009. No purchase necessary. Void in California and where prohibited. Contestants must be 21 years of age or older. (sorry minors and Californians.)
So enter this contest and see if the judges like your entry. Who couldn’t use a tailgate party that costs 10 grand?
- Stubb's Recipe Contest: The Sticky Asian Pig with Sesame Slaw Sandwich
- Stubb's Recipe Contest: Stubb's Game Day Sausage Kebabs
- WWJD For A Kegerator
- Flick Football Announces Tailgating Video Contest
- Father's Day $100 Home Depot Gift Card Giveaway
- Johnsonville Rolls Out "Create Your Own ____ville" Campaign
- Fan Friday Contest Could Win You Free Stuff
- Tailgating Photo Contest: Win $500 Prize Pack
- Kingsford "Tailgater of the Year" Contest
- Stubb's Recipe Contest: Hoosier BBQ Ham on Cornbread Biscuits With Country Relish