When it comes to tailgating, the two predominant fuel sources for our tailgating grills are propane and charcoal. I am sure there are some tailgaters out there that use alternative fuels sources like the Flame Disk but we can all agree that charcoal and propane are the two you see the most powering those tailgating grills. Now it is your turn to let the tailgating world know why you prefer to use one over the other.
In another upcoming issues of Tailgater Monthly Magazine, I will be tackling the issue of why some tailgaters will only use one type of heat source when it comes to their tailgating grills. Maybe you prefer propane because it heats faster, is a more controllable heat source and cools down faster when it is time to head into the game. Maybe you prefer charcoal because it gives your meat a better flavor or your charcoal grill transports better than your backyard gas grill. You, the tailgaters, need to let me know why you grill with either propane or charcoal.
Please post a comment below or email me at: dave [at] tailgatingideas dot com if you would like your opinion heard. Keep in mind your comments and quotes may be used in the upcoming article in Tailgater Monthly Magazine.
- Myth Busting: Propane & Winter Tailgating
- Tailgate Wiki: Wikipedia of Tailgating
- Be Nice Get Coal Contest
- Ono Charcoal - All Natural Kiawe Charcoal
- Stump Chunks
- Video: Why Tailgating With Propane Is Better Than Charcoal
- Earth Day Tailgating: FireJel Charcoal & Firewood Starter
- FiAir Review
- FlameDisk Makes Charcoal Obsolete
- Video: FlameDisk vs International Pancake Day