This weekend opened the 2010 NCAA baseball regionals. For the hardcore football tailgating faithful, you may be unaware of how great tailgating is prior to college baseball games. Right off the bat, the mood and the tempo of college baseball tailgating is less rushed and more relaxed. Secondly, you can use college baseball tailgating as more of a warm up for the impending football season just months away. I did a little college baseball tailgating on Saturday prior to the Cal State Fullerton/Stanford game. Although I did have a vested interest in the outcome of the game, I did use the time tailgating to get a better grasp on what tailgating gear will need to be either fixed or replaced.
I found that my Telescoping Flagpole is broken and will need to be replaced. We ended up making it work by using some broken sticks we found on the ground but that was a stop-gap fix and is not a long term solution. Also, my portable grilling tools will need to be replaced before football season starts. So speaking of college baseball tailgating, nothing embodies it like tailgating outside of Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha. Here’s a little taste of the mellow, relaxed atmosphere you will find in Omaha. Hope you enjoyed your weekend and links to follow:
• Follow Tailgating Ideas on Twitter
• Tailgating – an art or a science?
• 25 Hot Softball Players
• Shopping For Barbeque Grills For Tailgate Parties
• A Collection of Lovely NBA Playoffs Cheerleaders
• Top 5 BBQ Gadgets of 2010
• Get a T-shirt that says Cal State Omaha
• Law enforcement cracks down on drinking and tailgating at SPAC concerts
- Weekend Wrap-Up #99: Ali vs. Amber Edition
- Do You Twitter?
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #66: Natalie Marie Edition
- Weekend Wrap-Up #96: March Madness 2010 Edition
- Weekend Wrap-Up #91: Sexy Super Bowl Commercials Edition
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #45: Stephanie Haney Edition
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #52: Denise Milani Edition
- Weekend Wrap-Up #112: Melanie Collins Edition
- Weekend Wrap-Up #95: New Look Design Edition
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #39: St. Patty's Hottie Edition