Alright, I will admit it. I normally have the Weekend Wrap up and out there by this time but I have a good excuse. The NFL Draft was this weekend so I am a little late. After watching the draft from the No. 1 overall pick of Jake Long all the way to pick No. 252, known as Mr. Irrelevant, I am a bit late. So without any further delay, let’s find out what is happening in the world of tailgating this week.
- Pat Harty of HawkCentral.com says banning alcohol at tailgates prior to the University of Iowa’s Spring Game is no way to win over the fans.
- Despite being only a Spring football Game, tailgating makes it all the better for Nebraska Cornhusker Football fans.
- WestCoastDawg.com and The Bleacher Report both compare the tailgating scene between the University of Georgia and Arizona State.
- Only Time Will Tell can’t have college football season and tailgating return soon enough.
- Top 10 Nascar Drivers offers some suggestions on Choosing the right Tailgating Grill.
- The verdict is in and tailgating will be banned at 5 PNC Bank Arts Center shows. Tailgating will not be permitted at concerts by John Mayer, OAR, 311, Beatstock and a day-long rock festival tagged Projekt Revolution.
- Despite more port-o-potties, public urination was still a problem at the Penn State Blue/White game.
- Lauri Powel says the pre-party at The Foxfield Race is “Fine Dining with Tailgate Style”.
- Adrian tailgates with Beer, Bratwurst, Baseball, and 5 Plymouth Belvederes.
- Growing Older But Not Up recaps a recent road trip to see and tailgate prior to the Jimmy Buffett in concert in St. Louis.
- Speaking of Jimmy Buffett, The Denison Family blogs about Jimmy’s recent concert in So Cal at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.
- Letters from the Moon must have read my suggestion regarding tailgating a papal mass.
- The Haphazards Gourmet Girls call tailgating prior to the Coachella Music Festival Tailgating With Satan At The Music Funpocalypse.
- TheState.com reports that the tailgate party prior to the Kenny Chesney Poets & Pirates concert at Williams-Brice Stadium might have been better than the actual concert.
- Macey’s donation to help soldiers during the Tailgating for Our Troops fund raiser gathered in over $24,000 in donations.