Today I made a trip down south to do a little recon in my hometown I grew up in. I live about an hour to 90 minute drive (depending on So Cal traffic) north of the town I consider to be where I grew up. You see my 20 year high school reunion is next weekend and I was tabbed as the “party coordinator guy”. Not sure if my reputation as a party kind of guy has lasted for over 20 years or if it is because I write about tailgating and tailgate parties that the committee felt I would be the best one suited for the job. Either way, the job entailed finding a local bar that would host a large group the Friday night prior to the official reunion on Saturday. Part of the job was checking out the place of choice and of course, sampling the specialty drinks they have to offer. I know, rough gig huh?
So I did my due diligence today and invited along a few other classmates of mine that live locally and could join me. There was only six of us but if today’s brief visit with just a few of us was any indication of what next weekend has in store, I better place my order for some Zaca Organic Hangover Patch tonight. I am sure next week I might have some amusing anecdotes from the weekend that aren’t all inside jokes and stories where “you had to be there”.
Now on with this week’s links.
- Follow Tailgating Ideas on Twitter
- Boston Celtics Seeking Dancers With Moves, Cleavage
- Whatâ’s Better Than Tailgating?
- Patriotic Girls In American Flag Bikinis
- At the McGuire house they are Tailgating and getting Pedicures
- More Beer Pong Violence: Arrest Made in Beer Pong Assult
- Letter to the Editor regarding the PNC Arts Center tailgating bans: Use common sense in tailgate policy
- A great new tailgating game: Drinking Battleship
- Notre Dame fan or not, get a T-Shirt that says Tailgate Like a Champion
- Girls Getting Wedgies – A Gallery
- 9 Easy Tailgating tips for beginners, it feels like a Pro
- You better step it up America! Australians Are the Drunkest People on Earth
- Tailgate Parties? The Ultimate College Football Experience