This past week TailgatingIdeas.com saw quite a bit more visitor traffic than normal. I’m not complaining at all, believe me. A big thanks goes to those websites and blogs out there that sent us lots of visitors. DonChavez.com posted a link to The 14 Tailgaters Who Annoy the Crap Out of You in his Cuthbert Dumper posting. The Parottheads from the BuffettNews.com forums visited en masse to check out my posting asking Is Kenny Chesney The New Jimmy Buffett? Last but certainly not least, both The Beer Goggler and Bright Black Internet both picked up the Custom Printed Beer Pong Balls Perfect For Tailgating article. Thanks for all the links this week and if you are a recent visitor that signed up for updates either via email or RSS, welcome aboard and we hope you become a regular.
Now that all the thank yous and ass smooching is out of the way, let’s check out what has been going on in the world of tailgating this past week.
- Dad in the Headlights reveals the greatest quote about tailgating I have ever heard. Originally spoken by a true American icon and hero, Homer Simpson.
- MyMissourian.com reports that tailgating before a college softball game can really raise the morale of abused and neglected kids.
- Nothing But B&S has the right idea. A Tailgate Party Wedding Shower! (my kind of couple.)
- More comparisons drawn between tailgating at the University of Georgia and tailgating at Arizona State.
- Tailgating and the fear of profiling sink the Connecticut bill to ban open containers in vehicles.
- The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association announced a record-breaking year in 2007 for the barbecue industry. 2008 is looking to be even bigger.
- Tailgating can be a romantic way to reconnect with your spouse.
- The summer concert season at the Tweeter Center was unveiled and the Boston herald thinks it looks to be a darn good tailgating season.
- Getting Caught From Behind shares some thoughts on tailgating, tickets, Toronto and the Buffalo Bills.
- Kid Rock and Lynyrd Skynyrd will team up for their first ever tour together with what is sure to be the best tailgate and show experience of recent years.
- Kevin Nittoso of the Asbury Park Press opines that the PNC arts center is poorly managed.