A few weeks ago I had the good fortune to have the Bubba Keg Convection Grill arrive on my doorstep. I had heard that this new piece of equipment was going to rival the dominance that the Big Green Egg has enjoyed in the grill/smoker market. Then again, it looks cooler just by the mere fact it looks more like a beer keg than a lame green egg. I was able to put it through its paces and I was quite impressed.
The Bubba Keg Grill is not just your ordinary charcoal grill. Actually putting charcoal briquettes in this thing would be an insult. (Only natural lump charcoal is the recommended fuel for the Bubba Keg.) This unit is a combo outdoor convection cooker/grill/smoker that I can not justify the versatility of this grill in one posting. The Bubba Keg is so complex, and by complex I do not mean hard to use but complex as in versatile, that this will be a multi-part testing and review process. Excpect more testing results on how fast it heats up, slow cooks, smokes and sears meat to appear on the website in the following days. But for now, I give you the Bubba Keg demonstration video to see just how it works and performs.
- Bubba Keg Grill Price Reduced; Now Available at Sam's Clubs
- Tailgating Product Review - GoGalley
- Video: Bubba Keg Convection Grill - Seasoning
- Bubba Keg Seeking To Find World's Greatest Tailgaters
- Tailgating Gear Review: The Bubba Keg Grill
- DIY Portable Smoker
- Nebraska Blackshirts Smoker
- Baking Cookies Like a Man On The Bubba Keg Grill
- These Woods Are Special