I received my Bubba Keg Convection Grill a few weeks ago and have put it through it’s paces ever since. After assembling it out of the box you need to “season” it before you can grill on it. This is to get rid of any of the residue that may have accumulated during the shipping process. Also, it is a great way to truly understand how quickly the Bubba Keg Grill heats up and to test out the top and bottom dampers to regulate the heat output. I was going to post a demonstration video of me seasoning my new Bubba Keg Grill but I came across a similar video done by the guys over at Smoke In Da Eye. (I first discovered Smoke In Da Eye via their updates on Twitter and have since become a regular reader by subscribing to their RSS feed. You should too.)
My experience was almost identical to theirs in that my Bubba Keg grill heated up rather quickly and stayed there throughout the entire seasoning process. Watch the video and you’ll soon understand how this grill/smoker works to perfection.
Next update on my experience with the Bubba Keg Grill will be how I have used it a few times as a smoker…. Once to make the Bacon Explosion and another time to make Beer Can Chicken. Stay tuned for more updates on cooking using the Bubba Keg Grill.
- Weekend Wrap #62: Knockout Edition
- Weekend Wrap #70: Tailgate Practice Edition
- Welcome Our Newest Sponsor: Dixie Grillworks
- Video: Collection Of Bacon Explosion Videos
- US drought could hit tailgaters hard
- Video: How to Make a Tailgate Breakfast
- Tailgating Gear Review: The Bubba Keg Grill
- Tailgating Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Garlic Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers
- Weekend Wrap #49: One For The Thumb Edition
- Bakon Vodka Review