The Holstar is a type of product that I have seen on websites before but never have been able to experience for myself. One of the first things I noticed that I liked was that these Holstar’s are made with a quality material. They’re not a cheap plastic or velcro product. Rather, they are made with high quality leather that looks and feels sturdy. One Holstar comes with a metal piece that allows you to slip it onto your belt and another comes with a piece that has a snap on button so both were nice features.
I like that you can have your own team name or a logo customized onto the Holstar as it adds a personal touch. The material is flexible enough to allow you to gain access to a cold drink in a can or glass. I did struggle more when I tried to use a water bottle in there however.
A downside to the product for me was that it seems to be tailored for someone in the Southwest or someone who considers themselves “country” or a “Cowboy”. Not the greatest fit for a tailgater from New Jersey, but that isn’t really their target audience to begin with.
Overall I enjoyed the product and think it could really thrive in a country or Western type tailgate setting. The price is nice considering the quality and effort that the product is made with and it sits so comfortably on your waist that if the Holstar is empty you forget it is there.
- Video: BarGating in Orange County
- Tailgating Video: Tigerfest Word on the Street
- You Don't Have To Be Rich To Tailgate Like A Pro
- Tailgate Beer 'Can Cancer' Tailgate Photos
- Instagram Tailgating Round-up #1
- Getting To The Tailgate: How To Match A Truck To Tow A Trailer
- Naming Your Tailgating Crew: The Good, The Bad & The Ill-Advised
- BIC Flex Multi-Purpose Lighter
- Tailgating Sunglasses: Brewsees
- Pac 12 Tailgate Rankings