The teams and players have their to do list. Since tailgaters are part of the team we need a to-do list as well…a.k.a. another top 10 list:
- Check to see if Brett Farve is coming to your city. Oddly, enough he might actually be coming to my city.
- Open your closet. Does your jersey still fit? Is that player even still on the team?
- On Monday morning submit your updated time off request form to your boss. (Remember, a 1pm kick-off means that you should be OK for work on Monday. A 4pm kick-off means that you are going to require Monday off. A 8pm kick-off means that you are going to require Monday and Tuesday off.)
- Check the available line of credit on your credit card. Time to pay off the remaining portion of your season ticket invoice.
- Beginning today replace your Sunday morning coffee with a Sunday morning beer. Look at it as training camp for those 1 pm kick-off tailgates.
- Immediately start decreasing productivity at home. Your To-do list will soon only have one weekend day to complete. Never too early to set your wife’s expectations really low.
- Time to reactive the insurance policy on the Eagles green school bus. Might also want to check if the thing still starts too.
- Team up with the most productive guy / gal at work because your time is now devoted to thinking up the name of this year’s fantasy football team.
- Start your daily breathing exercises. Less than two months until you start sucking in the beer gut to impress the parking lot eye candy.
- Get ready to increase your visits to tailgatingideas.com by at least double.
Football is back! Football tailgating is back!!