The National Pork Board and Ray Lampe, a.k.a Dr. BBQ, are partnering to not only bring tailgating knowledge to all of you but a chance to tailgate at the Fiesta Bowl. Entering the contest is pretty easy and you could win an all-expense paid trip to the Fiesta Bowl for you and a guest.
Just go to theotherwhitemeat.com, fill out the form at the bottom of the page and you are entered. No need to submit a photo or explain why your tailgate is the best. Just fill it out and hit submit.
And to get your taste buds warmed up for some pork, here is just one of the hundreds of pork recipes you can find on theotherwhitemeat.com.
Chipotle Pork and Chicken Satay
12 ounces pork tenderloin
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs
16 6-inch wooden skewers
1 recipe Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
1. Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1-inch cubes. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Thread 3 pork pieces on 8 of the skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. Thread 3 chicken pieces on each remaining skewer. Place skewers on tray.
2. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over pork and chicken. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 15 minutes to 2 hours. Prepare Chipotle Barbecue Sauce.
3. Lightly grease the rack of an indoor electric grill or lightly coat with cooking spray. Preheat grill. Place the pork kabobs on the grill rack. If using a covered grill, close lid. Grill until meat is slightly pink in center and juices run clear, brushing generously with the Chipotle Barbecue Sauce halfway through cooking. (For a covered grill, allow 5 to 7 minutes, giving kabobs a quarter turn once halfway through grilling. For an uncovered grill, allow 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.) Remove pork kabobs from grill and keep warm.
4. Place chicken kabobs on the grill rack. If using a covered grill, close lid. Grill until chicken is tender and no longer pink, brushing generously with the remaining sauce halfway through cooking. (For a covered grill, allow 3 to 5 minutes, giving kabobs a quarter turn once halfway through grilling. For an uncovered grill, allow 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly.)
Serves 16 appetizer size
Chipotle Barbecue Sauce: In a saucepan combine 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce; 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce; 2 cloves garlic, minced; and 1 tablespoon honey. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool slightly. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Father's Day $100 Home Depot Gift Card Giveaway
- Fantasy & Pick 'Em Results: NFL Week #8
- Stubb's Recipe Contest: Stubb's Game Day Sausage Kebabs
- Fantasy & Pick 'Em Results: NFL Week #2
- Win a Free Disposable Flask From TailgatingIdeas.com
- Johnsonville Rolls Out "Create Your Own ____ville" Campaign
- Tackling Tailgating With Pork Giveaway
- Kingsford "Tailgater of the Year" Contest
- Win A $50 Home Depot Gift Card From TailgatingIdeas.com