Being able to watch TV while tailgating can be a pain because you either need a generator or a killer power inverter that will eventually drain your car’s battery. Now you don’t need either. Sharp has designed a TV that is 100% solar powered. Now you can be a little environmentally friendly while still staying up to date with your NFL Sunday Ticket. The 26-inch prototype will make its debut at the Hokkaido Toyako Summit (a.k.a. the G8 Summit) in Hokkaido, Japan starting on Monday.
Early press release information states that the solar powered TV uses about one-fourth the power and has about one-third the annual energy consumption of a conventional CRT TV with the same screen size. The solar cell that powers the whole thing is about the size of an LCD screen. I am sure the folks at Sharp had in mind the 1.6 billion people in the world currently living without electricity when they came up with this idea but tailgaters could reap the benefits.
- VuQube Brings Satellite TV To Any Tailgate Party
- Satellite TV and the Tailgate Party
- Go Dish
- VuQubes Available via TailgatingIdeas.com For Limited Time
- World's Largest Portable LED Screen Perfect For Tailgating... Maybe
- Your College Football Viewing Guide For When you Aren't Tailgating
- Weekend Wrap #15: What, No T & A This Week?