We all know that we should never drink and drive. We here at Tailgating Ideas have always encouraged and advocated using a designated driver while tailgating. Unfortunately some do not follow that advice and will get behind the wheel after having a few adult beverages. If this describes you, you need to read on.
When stopped for a DUI, law enforcement officers offer blood or breath tests to measure the level of intoxication of a driver. Both tests are extremely accurate but taking a blood test while in the parking lot is not really feasible to assess if you are able to drive. A breathalyzer is much more easy to transport and keep in your car. The downfall is that most personal breathalyzers are inaccurate and are for more novelty use. Others need to be recalibrated after 10 uses or some ridiculously low number. There has to be a better personal breathalyzer on the market that wasn’t more high maintenance than the prom queen, was extremely accurate and didn’t require recalibration every five blows. Apparently there is and it called the AlcoMate Revo TS200.
As you saw in the video, the AlcoMate Revo TS200 comes with a replacement sensor so you can keep testing without any downtime. They mentioned that accuracy is the key and nothing speaks more clearly than being recognized by government agencies as being highly accurate. The AlcoMate Revo (made by AK GlobalTech) has recently been included on the approved list of alcohol screening devices from the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). When these two agencies sign off on your product, you know it is accurate.
Some more fact about the AlcoMate Revo TS200:
- Each of AK GlobalTech’s breathalyzers are tested and approved for accuracy by the Department of Transportation (DOT). Due to their innovative technology, multiple sensor modules are additionally tested by the DOT during this process.
- All other approved in-market breathalyzers are tested only one time because they utilize the same sensor throughout their life cycle.
- Cell phone breathalyzers are not tested or approved by the DOT, therefore their accuracy is not guaranteed.
- All breathalyzers become unusable and unreliable in one year or less and most use calibration in an attempt to restore their accuracy.
- AK GlobalTech’s devices include Pre-calibrated Replaceable Intelligent Sensor Module (PRISM) technology, which allows consumers to avoid calibration completely.
- Users of AK GlobalTech products simply swap out their old sensor and replace it with a brand new one, restoring the device back to day-one accuracy, even if it is several years old.
- Other breathalyzers lack this technology and need calibration in hopes of maintaining accuracy, which is simply a “Band-Aid” method. Calibration cannot and will not completely restore a breathalyzer’s sensor back to its original accuracy.
We can attest to the AlcoMate Revo TS200’s accuracy and ease of use. We had a sample sent to us and decided to run it through the gamut of testing while on a brewery hopping tour through Portland, Oregon. If there is one place where a breathalyzer can get a work out, it’s in BeerTown USA. We posted up an Instagram video of the AlcoMate Revo TS200 in use.
The AlcoMate Revo TS200 is professionally packaged and comes in a retail case for storage when not in use. The retail case features a sturdy, re-inforced ABS exterior with a thickly padded interior for superior protection of REVO and accessories. It includes:
- Revo Breathalyzer
- User’s Manual
- Carrying Pouch
- 2 x AAA Batteries
- 5 x Mouthpieces
- Pre-Installed PRISM component (Sensor Module)
- Model: AlcoMate Revo
- Alcohol Sensor: Fuel-Cell with PRISM Technology
- Size / Dimensions: 4.0 x 2.0 x 0.6 in
- Weight: 1.0000 oz
- Material: ABS Molding
- Users: Corporate, Law Enforcement, Medical, Military, Pro-consumers
- Power: 2 x Standard 1.5V AAA (Included)
- Detection Range: 0.000 – 0.400% BAC (G/DL)
- Display: 4-Digit LCD
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Recalibration Needed: No required. Sensor Module should be replaced every 1000 test or at least once yearly.
After thoroughly testing the AlcoMate Revo TS200, it is definitely “Tailgate Approved”. Limited yourself to using this device only for tailgating is not recommended. We recommend this product for any time you are consuming adult beverages. Having an accurate breathalyzer on hand for house parties, game watch parties or anytime you have been consuming alcohol and want to check your level of intoxication, having one of these on hand is key and highly recommended.
The AlcoMate Revo TS200 sells for a little over $200. Some may think that is quite expensive but you get what you pay for. Cheap breathalyzers are inaccurate and are more of a novelty. Before you disregard our recommendation because of the price, consider this. What is the price of a DUI/DWI in your state? Another question to consider is, what is the cost of driving while intoxicated and possibly harming or killing another motorist? After considering those two questions, $200 doesn’t seem that expensive after all.