Summer tailgating is great because not only does daylight savings allow for prolonged tailgating but the warm temperatures means the tailgating babes are wearing more revealing clothing. Playing beer pong while summer tailgating is not quite as awesome because by the time you get to your final cup, the beer has been sitting out in the open air for a while. I recently discovered a product called the N-Ice Rack that is a freezable rack in which you place your beer pong cups. The purpose of the N-Ice Rack is two fold. First and foremost, it keeps your beer pong cups on a block of ice while playing. The extra added benefit is that the holes provide unifying placement of the cups and eliminates the potential of those annoyingly, sloppy racks.
I had the chance to test out the N-Ice Rack for myself. Check out the video I put together.
As you saw in the video, the two major functions of the N-Ice Rack is to keep your beer cold and to keep both sets of cups exactly in the same formation without any sloppy racks. If you skipped the video, here are the highlights:
- Test was conducted on a Mid-July day in Southern California.
- Outside air temperature was 96 degrees.
- After pouring the beers, (10 inside the N-Ice Rack and one outside) in just 15 minutes the beer sitting out had reached 75 degrees. The Beer in the N-Ice Rack was 46 degrees.
- After 45 minutes, the beer outside was 87 degrees and the N-Ice Rack beer was 47 degrees.
- I drank both beers to make sure the thermometers were not misreading the temperatures. In fact the thermometers were spot on with their readings and I nearly gagged on the warm beer.
An extra added benefit for tailgaters is that the N-Ice Rack can double as a cooling device inside your cooler while you are on your way to the stadium. That’s translates into less ice you have to buy from the liquor store.
The N-Ice Rack comes with two freezable racks, one for each side of your beer pong table, three complimentary beer pong balls, instructions how to use the N-Ice Rack and general rules to playing the game of beer pong.
You can get your own N-Ice Rack directly from our online tailgating store, Shop.TailgatingIdeas.com for $19.99 + $8.00 shipping via UPS to anywhere in the U.S. If you get your own N-Ice Rack, I guarantee you will never regret having to drink the final cup in beer pong ever again. Click HERE to buy your own N-Ice Rack.
- Bud Light Rolls Out "Tailgate Approved" Marketing Campaign
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #38: Atlanta Thrashers Blue Crew Edition
- Tailgating Video: Beer Can Recycling Using Your Head?
- Screw Me? Screw You!
- MillerCoors Suing Beer Pong Table Maker
- Battle of the "Swill"
- Can Grip Keeps Beer Cold; Brings Class To Your Can
- Weekend Wrap #12: Links Still Going Strong
- Shotgun Mug
- Beer review: Stone Brewery 13th Anniversary Ale