- 2 lbs fresh jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 lb bacon, (or more)
Shell and devein uncooked shrimp. In a bowl, mix next 5 ingredients. Marinate shrimp in mixture 30 minutes to 1 hour at room temp. Cut bacon into thirds or halves and wrap bacon around shrimp. Thread onto skewers. Grill until bacon is crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Turn several times and brush with reserved marinade. Bacon drippings will cause the grill to flare up, so keep the water spritzer handy. Serve at once with lemon wedges.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don’t have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.
Original recipe by The BBQ Grail can be found HERE.
- Bacon Roses - A Tailgating Valentine's Day Idea
- Weekend Wrap-Up #110: Comic Con Edition
- BLT Dip
- Tailgating Ideas on Pintrest
- Video: The Story of Bacon
- Weekend Wrap #49: One For The Thumb Edition
- Video: Bubba Keg Convection Grill - Seasoning
- Heaven Rolled on a Grill: The Bacon Explosion
- Weekend Wrap #70: Tailgate Practice Edition
- Video: How to Make a Tailgate Breakfast