Last week marked the beginning of the television aspect of a media campaign that Fresh and Easy Neighborhood Markets and TailgatingIdeas.com have teamed together to promote tailgating. You may have already seen the video clip from our appearance on KTNV ABC 13 in Las Vegas. (Yes, I am painfully aware that I said “absolutely” 18 times during the 4:30 minute segment. No need to email me any more links to an online thesaurus.) Now comes phase two of the media campaign, the press release and print campaign.
Below is the official press release from the agency handling the Fresh and Easy media campaign. Give it a look and you might learn some new tailgating ideas and possible food items to bring along to your next tailgate party.
THE TAILGATE OF CHAMPIONS FOR LESS WITH FRESH & EASY
Quick, Easy and Affordable Tailgating Tips from Founder of TAILGATINGIDEAS.com
EL SEGUNDO, CALIF. – With football season in full swing, sports fans are packing their cars with grills, food and friends on weekends to celebrate their favorite teams during a tailgate. Even if you’ve never participated in this ritual before, leave it up to Dave Lamm, founder of TAILGATINGIDEAS.com to show you the ropes. He has partnered with Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market to share tips on quick, easy and affordable ways to celebrate this football season.
“Football and tailgating are my true passions,” says Lamm. “As an ex-college football player, I know the game like the back of my hand. I now share my knowledge and passion for the sport with other enthusiasts at tailgates. There’s nothing like it.”
Lamm says creating a spirited gathering is most important at any tailgate. Know the opposing team’s colors; you don’t want to show up accidently wearing the wrong colors! Of course, know your own team’s colors so you can deck out your space with team memorabilia. Also, don’t forget to bring music to get your guests pumped up for the game.
The Three Must Haves to a Successful Tailgate:
1) Space – Arrive early so you can scout out a central location that all your guests can find easily. Tailgates can be chaotic.
2) Grill – Propane grills are preferred when tailgating because they light quicker, the amount of heat is easily controlled and they are less messy than charcoal grills.
3) Coolers – Make sure to bring at least two coolers, one for food storage and one for beverages. It’s important to have a good cooler to prevent food from spoiling. Lamm suggests commercial hard-exterior coolers, which will typically last for a long time and keep food fresh. Lamm doesn’t recommend Styrofoam coolers since they break easily and aren’t good for the environment.
The center of any tailgate is food. Lamm says the main thing to remember is that food has to be quick and easy to serve as space is limited.
1) Chips & Dips – They are tailgating staples and Fresh & Easy has a variety of new large-sized dips for only $2.99. They come in flavors such as Spicy Cilantro, French Onion, and Spinach Artichoke. Serve them with a bag of tortilla chips or pita bread and your appetizer is set.
2) Grill Food – No tailgate is complete without grill food and a signature product at Fresh & Easy is the Grill Pack. Nearly five pounds of pre-marinated meat, it includes beef patties, chili-seasoned chicken thighs or drumsticks and Italian pork sausages all for $9.99.
3) Pizza – Pizza is a food that almost every sports enthusiast enjoys. Exclusive to Fresh & Easy is the Big Pizza. It’s three pizzas in one: pepperoni, cheese and veggie for only $8.99. It’s pre-cooked, so all you have to do is throw it on the grill for 12 minutes and it’s ready to eat.
4) Beer– The usual beverage of choice at a tailgate is beer. Fresh & Easy just introduced Steel Kettle Whistle for $5.99 ($6.99 in NV and AZ) for this 12-pack lager. Another great option is their popular Latin-style Taurino Cerveza.
5) Dessert – Cookies are always fast and easy to serve! Bite-size chocolate chip and iced oatmeal cookies and even some brownie bites are perfect for that sweet tooth.
Lamm suggests that tailgaters package food in plastic or paper containers and when possible use environmentally friendly products. Available at Fresh & Easy is the Picnic n’ Party Pack – 12 sets of paper plates, bowls and utensils all made from renewable sources like corn stalks and other non-petroleum products for just $4.99.
Fresh & Easy brand products have no artificial flavors, colors, no added Trans fats or preservatives unless absolutely necessary. For more party food ideas and for a store near you, visit www.freshandeasy.com
Prices are subject to change
About Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market
At roughly 10,000 square feet, Fresh & Easy markets are smaller than the typical supermarket to give customers a faster, easier shopping experience. In addition to fresh, high-quality prepared meals and produce, Fresh & Easy offers everyone’s favorite national brand products and household items, all at budget prices.
Each store employs approximately 20 to 30 people. All Fresh & Easy employees are given the opportunity to work at least 20 hours per week, which entitles them to comprehensive and affordable health care. Entry-level positions start at $10 an hour in California, with similarly competitive salaries in other states, and offer a quarterly bonus of up to 10% and a 401(k) with company match.