Do you recall back in July I told you about the World’s Largest Flip Cup Tournament was coming to New York? Mallory Rubin of Sports Illustrated Campus Clicks even picked up on the story. Well, the Flip Cup Guys just recently announced that the World’s Largest Flip Cup Tourney now has a sweet grand prize; a 7-day Sun Splash Tours vacation in Negril, Jamaica or a cruise to the Bahamas on the famous Rock Boat. Not too shabby for just drinking beer and flipping plastic cups. Then again, you have to go through a March Madness type bracket of 64 teams to win the grand prize.
The World’s Largest Flip Cup Tournament will be held in New York City on October 11, 2008. The tournament will have 64 teams all competing for the grand prize plus bragging rights for a long time. The 64 team count easily surpasses the current world record of 44 teams from a previous tournament held in Baltimore.
Teams that have already committed to competing hail from all over the United States including New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Virginia, Washington D.C., Nevada, Louisiana, California, Connecticut, West Virginia and Delaware. A Canadian team has also committed to compete in the tournament as well.
The Flip Cup Guys even have plans to expand and host future tournaments in Philadelphia and Boston and other cities before the end of 2008. To register a team for these forthcoming tournaments or to reserve your spot as a spectator at the big tournament in New York City, check out FlipCupguys.com.
- Tailgating Gear in Review: December 2009 Edition
- That Beer Will Cost You
- Video: Miami Dolphins Tailgaters Recreate "Das Boot" From The Movie Beerfest
- Weekend Wrap-Up #99: Ali vs. Amber Edition
- Beer Review: Tailgate Beer Jay's Blacktop Blonde
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #64: Arkansas Hottie Edition
- Tailgate Beer seeking tailgating crews
- Weekend Wrap-Up #120: Kitchen Helper Edition
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #37: Gator Girl Kelli Correa Edition
- Video: Cornhole Bowling