Remember last year when we told you about the Flip Cup Guys and their sanctioning of the inaugural World’s Largest Flip Cup Tournament (WLFCT)? Well , they are back at it again, this year they are moving the tournament to none other than Las Vegas, Nevada. And not only will it be held in Sin City but the tournament will be held inside the Hooters Casino Hotel on October 11, 2009.
The second annual tournament will feature 64-teams consisting of six players playing in an NCAA March madness style bracket of eliminations. Six-person teams and spectators can sign-up at Flip Cup Guys. (Registration has only been open for three days and they already have 11 states represented in the tournament field.) Registration fees are $30 per player or $25 per spectator and include entry to the tournament, a 3-hour open beer bar and free game play beer. Take a look at last year’s tournament held in New York City,
WLFCT’s grand prize is a 7-night Spring Break Package to Negril, Jamaica, courtesy of Sun Splash Tours. The Spring Break Jamaica trip will include 7 nights of hotel accommodations, airport transfers and a complete activities program. The WLFCT Survivor Tournament champion will win a free cruise for two from Tampa to Grand Cayman on April 15-19, 2010 courtesy of VH1 Best Cruise Ever, a floating music festival hosted by 3 Doors Down and featuring Lifehouse, Shinedown and others.
Hooters Casino Hotel is offering WLFCT flip cup players and spectators discounted room rates starting at $69 per night. To make a reservation, call 1-800-522-7366. Participants must identify themselves as members of FlipCup to receive the guaranteed group rate. Book by September 1, 2009 to receive the lowest rates available. Flip Cup Guys is hosting tournaments in Hoboken (9/26), Washington DC (9/26), and Milwaukee (8/29) where winners will receive a free spot in WLFCT II. Teams can sign-up for these qualifiers at Flip Cup Guys as well.
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #17: You're Fired Edition
- Head Be Gone Beer Defoamer - When You Just Can't Wait
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #82: Stogie Smokie Edition
- Video: Beer Pong Slam Dunks Mashup
- Port-o-Pong Pro Now Available Through TailgatingIdeas.com
- Welcome Our Newest Contributor: Mike "The Beer Guy"
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #38: Atlanta Thrashers Blue Crew Edition
- Weekend Wrap #73: NFL Training Camps Open Edition
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #37: Gator Girl Kelli Correa Edition
- Beer Review: Redhook ESB