So you are the master flip cup player. Your tailgating crew can out flip any of the weak ass pretenders in the parking lot. Are you tired of schooling everyone and not having any real flip cup competition? Then it is time for you to gather up five other players, scrounge up $180 between the six of you and head to New York. That’s because in October Flip Cup Guys will sanction the inaugural World’s Largest Flip Cup Tournament (WLFCT).
Flip Cup Guys, the nation’s largest organizer of flip cup tournaments, is putting this thing on and it is limited to a 64-team field. Think March Madness but with less sprained ankles and more swollen livers. There are no qualifying tournaments to breeze through to make it to the WLFCT. All you need is the $30 per team member entry fees, six players, a larger than normal alcohol tolerance and an expert skill to flip plastic cups. Maybe you suck at flip cup and just want to watch? No sweat. The venue hosting the WLFCT is the M1-5 Bar and Lounge in New York City. Plenty of space for not only the competitors but for spectators to take in the drinking and flipping action. Spectators pay $25 and will enjoy an open beer bar for the length of the tournament. With 65 matches scheduled to complete the tournament, I think I could easily drink more than my fair share of $25 worth of beer.
Tournament kicks off at 1 pm on October 11, 2008 in New York City. (The M1-5 Bar and Lounge is located between Broadway and Church Street in NYC.) Needless to say, you need to be of legal drinking age to participate but of course, you wouldn’t know how to play flip cup unless you were 21, right? Riiiiiiight!
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #17: You're Fired Edition
- Weekend Wrap #41: OU vs. UF Edition
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #98: Scared Cheerleaders Edition
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #82: Stogie Smokie Edition
- Clink-N-Drink Opens Bottles And Catches Caps
- Tailgating Video: Oakland A's Beer Shotgun
- Video: Beer Pong Slam Dunks Mashup
- Port-o-Pong Pro Now Available Through TailgatingIdeas.com
- Videos: More From The Book of Beer Pong
- MillerCoors Suing Beer Pong Table Maker