Since starting this tailgating blog back in 2007, we have tested, tried and demonstrated a lot of tailgating gear and written a lot of tailgating product reviews. Some good and some bad. But because we are a blog, a great product we discovered two years ago may be lost in the tons of posts we have published after discovering it. Maybe you are a new reader and haven’t had the time to pour through every single post we have done in the past three years. So in order to help out the tailgaters that might not have read about some of these cool tailgating products, we will be doing a weekly feature on products we reviewed a while ago. We call it Featured Gear Friday and this week’s product is the tailgating game Sholf.
Cornhole, washers, beer pong, Blongo Ball and all the other “tossing games” completely dominate the tailgating landscape. If you want to stand out from the crowd and also have a fun game to offer your guests, Sholf is the one you want.
The game is played a lot like shuffleboard but with a golf putter and golf balls. There are a few slight rule differences but the basic concept is still in place. A rectangular strip of artificial turf painted with some scoring zones to look like a golf course, two sets of differently colored golf balls and a single putter shared by the individual players or in teams of two. Roll it out, place the balls on one end, alternate turns and you are playing Sholf.
Your game will include:
- 1 left/right handed putter
- 1 Sholf putting green
- 4 white Sholf golf balls
- 4 yellow Sholf golf balls
- 1 carrying/storage bag
- 2 five foot rope borders to stop over-putted balls.
- Gift Giving Guide: Tailgating Games
- Sholf 2.0 Design Now Available
- Tailgating Ideas Garage Sale
- Holiday Gift Guide 2011
- Weekend Wrap #63: Tailgating with Kids Edition
- Cool New Tailgating Game Sholf
- How To Play Tailgating Games
- Enter GameDayEats.com Bracket Challenge: Win Tailgating Gear
- New Sholf Design Available January