So I have been hearing all about this new way to stay in touch called Twitter. Chalk it up to another one of those Web 2.0 things where users can create a free account and write small updates on anything going on in their lives. They call it micro-blogging because you are only allowed up to a maximum of 140 characters per message. They make it easy because you can even update Twitter via text message on your mobile phone. Since it is free and I have heard a lot of people rave about it, I decided to give it a shot.
For tailgaters it might be a great way to stay in touch with your other tailgating friends. Once you park and start to set up, update your twitter profile with your exact location so they can find you. Update your Twitter with what you are grilling that day. Micro-blog that the opposing fans parked next to you are acting like a bunch of idiots. On second thought, this may be a lot of fun.
If you are already a user go ahead and follow me on Twitter.
- Tailgating Gear Review: The Bubba Keg Grill
- Heaven Rolled on a Grill: The Bacon Explosion
- Weekend Wrap #70: Tailgate Practice Edition
- Weekend Wrap-Up #112: Melanie Collins Edition
- Weekend Wrap #74: Keep It Or Change It Edition
- Weekend Wrap #73: NFL Training Camps Open Edition
- Tailgate Party Music Ideas For The 2009 Football Season
- Win A $50 Home Depot Gift Card From TailgatingIdeas.com
- Weekend Wrap-Up #92: Ultimate Snack Food Stadium Edition
- Weekend Wrap-Up #104: Great Strides Edition