I’ll admit it. I was skeptical of the claim that the Can Grip would keep your beer cold just as if it was in a beer koozie. All it is is a plastic handle that snaps onto your 12 oz. can to make it look like you are drinking out of a mug. Rather clever for sure but how could it keep the beer cold as the manufacturer claimed? I decided to put the can grip through its paces complete with digital thermometers to see if it really can keep your beer cold. In the following video you’ll be surprised at the results just like I was. (Click on the image to view larger example)
As you saw in the video, the beer using the Can Grip only gained about seven or eight degrees in 15 minutes. The beer I held in my bare hand for 15 minutes went from 37 degrees to 68 degrees. Definitely a warm beer that you don’t want to be drinking when you are out tailgating. Another cool feature is that the flat base of the Can Grip acts as a coaster as well. Not that I see too many tailgates with coasters out and about but just in case you didn’t want to leave water rings on someone’s table.
So not only does the Can Grip make your Natty Light look like an expensive import but it will keep it cool while your hands stay warm. This product worked so well that I have decided to offer it for sale on our online tailgating store, Shop.TailgatingIdeas.com. The Can Grip is available in four colors including Blue, Red, Green and Pink. Each Can Grip sells for $3.99 each plus $5 flat rate shipping. Can Grips are shipped in quantities of five (5). Buy five for $19.95 + shipping or buy 10 Can Grips for $39.90 + shipping. Buy the Can Grip by clicking HERE.
- Tailgating Recipe: Beer Basted Pork Loin
- Tailgating Video: Oakland A's Beer Shotgun
- Video: Port-o-Pong - Behind The Glory
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #74: Elin Nordegren Edition
- Video: TheBEERSgoneBAD Review Tailgate Beer
- Beer Review: Hinano
- Mid-Week Eye Candy Wrapper #89: Laker Girl Edition
- Thermos Stainless Steel Can Insulator: The Best Beer Koozie I Have Tested
- What Influences Your Beer Choices When Tailgating?
- Beer Pong Stat Geeks Rejoice: Pong Tracker iPhone Application