What’s a tailgate party without good music? Rather lame if you ask me. Now you can’t always control the jackass parked next to you blasting Who Let The Dogs Out but you can try to drown him out with the newest tailgating gadget, The BoomCooler.
The BoomCooler is a mobile, rolling music system built right into an ice chest. Sporting a 10″ sub woofer, dual 6″x9″ speakers, a 600-Watt amp and a Kenwood KDC-MP442U AM/FM radio and CD Player, this cooler has enough power to rock the party. Just roll it up, turn it on and you are rocking out with your Doppelbock out.
Before we get too far into the specs on this bad boy, here is a little disclaimer: The BoomCooler is not is not intended for wet storage. That means if you want to use the Boom Cooler as a cold storage device, you’ll need to grab some dry ice or use self-contained freezer packs. No matter how you use it, you’ll definitely turn some heads at your next tailgate party with this thing in tow. For you techie types, here are the full details on the Premium BoomCooler.
- I-Pod direct control via USB input – no adapter necessary, MP3, AM/FM radio, auxiliary input
- Kenwood KDC-MP442U, AM/FM radio and CD Player (The manufacturer recommends using the auxiliary or USB input instead of the CD player for optimal results)
- Kenwood KFC-W2511 10 Inch 4-ohm Subwoofer 2000 Watt
- Two Kenwood KFC-6982ie 6″ x 9″ 500 Watt Max 5-Way Speakers
- Kenwood KAC-8404 4-Channel 600-Watt
- Schumacher SC-600A Speed Charge Battery Charger
- Shipping Weight – 77 lbs. not including the battery
- Dimensions – 36″ x 18″ x 17″
Some photos of the Premium BoomCooler
If you buy a BoomCooler, due to shipping regulations, a battery will not be included. A lawn and garden battery is recommended to limit the total weight of the system. A 12 volt car battery is not recommended due to max weight restrictions. Two brands of battery go best with the Boom Cooler. The Briggs and Stratton Lawn and Garden 12V Extended Life Series U1L-300 can be found at your local Lowe’s. Estimated play time 4-8 hours. Retail = $52. Also, the Everstart Lawn and Garden 12V U1P-7, available at Wal-Mart. Estimated play time 4-8 hrs. Retail = $25. Battery play times will vary depending on user preferences, i.e. how loud you play The BoomCooler.