Drinking beer while tailgating is not mandatory but you would be hard pressed to find a tailgate party where beer is absent. You probably have your favorite beer that you bring to every tailgate but what if you are wanting to mix it up? You want to try something new but don’t want to take a chance of ruining the tailgate party by bringing the wrong beer. What if there was a resource that you could discover new beers based on your preferences and suggestions from others that like the same types of beers? A start-up website called Beer Suggest may be exactly what you are looking for.
Beer Suggest is an online community made up of beer lovers sharing their opinions on new and established beers. This is not the run of the mill beer review website but more of a social network for beer drinkers. Many online stores offer suggestions as to which products you would like based on the product you are currently viewing. Amazon.com is famous for suggesting, “Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought…”. Think of Beer Suggest in the same way. Here are the major features of Beer Suggest for registered users.
- Tag beers to help describe them beyond their style
- Rate beers on a 5-star scale
- Review beers, focusing on Appearance, Aroma, Mouthfeel, Taste and Overall Appeal
- Search function for beers and breweries
- Add and edit beers and breweries
- Browse a calendar of Beer Events
- Sign up for five different RSS feeds including latest beer reviews, latest beers added, most recent breweries added, etc.
As of today, Beer Suggest has 4,521 beers and 1,235 breweries in their data base. The list keeps growing and growing as more and more users discover the site and add their own beers and breweries.
I am planning on using the site primarily as a suggestion tool based on what my upcoming tailgating menu will be that week. Most restaurants’ menus have wine suggestions to go with their main course but no suggestion as to which beer would go great with your meal. With Beer Suggest you can discover new beers that would compliment perfectly whatever you are serving in the parking lot. Check them out and see what all the buzz is about at beersuggest.com.
- Flip Cup Championship Coming To New York
- Weekend Wrap-Up #102: Better Blanket Edition
- Photo: Transporting Precious Cargo
- Father's Day Gift Guide
- Play Beer Pong Anywhere with Port-O-Pong Inflatable Beer Pong Table
- Bud Light Rolls Out "Tailgate Approved" Marketing Campaign
- Tailgate Approved Jimmy Football Tailgates Non-Traditionaly
- Video: Cornhole Bowling
- Beer Review: Pigskin Pale Ale
- Shotgun Mug