I love bacon. We’ve told you about bacon flavored dental floss, bacon iPhone case, bacon flavored mayonnaise, bacon flavored mints, a Bacon Bra and even a bacon tuxedo. So it is well established we here at TailgatingIdeas.com like us some bacon. Nothing, and I mean nothing, prepared me for when I saw The Bacon Explosion!
Upon finding this beauty thanks to Jimmy Traina over at Sports Illustrated Hot Clicks, my heart skipped a beat. I am not sure if it was due to falling in love upon laying eyes on this little treasure or if it was my arteries slamming shut just by reading about it. All I can say if you are bad ass enough to try this out, here is what you will need.
2 pounds thick cut bacon
2 pounds Italian sausage
1 jar of your favorite barbeque sauce
1 jar of your favorite barbeque rub
That’s it. Now for the detailed instruction on how to create and properly prepare the Bacon Explosion you’ll need to head over to The BBQ Addicts. I was so impressed I immediately added them to my RSS reader and I am following them on Twitter after discovering this little gem. (Feel free to stalk me via Twitter as well.)
I am really interested to see if anyone else gives this a try and how it turns out. If anyone can pull it off and prepare a Bacon Explosion while tailgating, send me a few photos and I will feature you here on TailgatingIdeas.com. If I were a betting man, my money is on the guys from Freedom Grill to be the first ones to try this out.
- Video: The Story of Bacon
- Video: Collection Of Bacon Explosion Videos
- Weekend Wrap-Up #110: Comic Con Edition
- Weekend Wrap-Up #113: Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders Edition
- Video: Bubba Keg Convection Grill - Seasoning
- Grilled Shrimp With Bacon
- Bacon Roses - A Tailgating Valentine's Day Idea
- Weekend Wrap #49: One For The Thumb Edition
- Weekend Wrap #31: Upset Special Edition
- Weekend Wrap #62: Knockout Edition