Last month, we gave away a $50 Home Depot Gift Card. With Father’s Day rapidly approaching (it’s June 21st this year), The Home Depot has upped the ante to you tailgaters and is now offering up a FREE $100 Home Depot Gift Card to the readers of TailgatingIdeas.com.
The Home Depot knows dads can be hard to shop for. So why not give him a specially designed Home Depot Gift Card for Father’s Day and let him choose his own gift? All you need to do is pop into your local Home Depot and you’ll find three new gift card styles. They even have a gift card that looks and feels like duct tape and a gift card that comes with a free 3/8′ drill bit. If you are the online shopping type, go straight to the Home Depot Gift Cards section on the web have a gift card delivered directly to your dad. Gift Cards delivered in the continuous 48 states qualify for free ground shipping.
So how do you win a $100 Home Depot Gift Card for yourself from TailgatingIdeas.com? It’s pretty simple. Leave a comment below and that earns you one entry. (You can earn multiple entries like last time but with a few twists this time around.) In order to be entered into the drawing:
1) You MUST leave a comment at the bottom of this post. Because the theme is Father’s Day, please include in your comment something about your dad and tailgating. It can be a memory of going tailgating with your father, where you would like to take your dad tailgating one day, etc. You can even make something up. I’ll never know.
2) You MUST include a valid email address with your comment. The winner will be notified via email so make sure it is one you check on a fairly regular basis. (Don’t worry, no one will be able to view it and we won’t spam you or share it with anyone.) If you win, you will be asked to provide your mailing address. Your gift card will be mailed directly from the folks at Home Depot.
It’s that simple. Follow those two steps and you have earned yourself an entry.
Last time we gave away the $50 Home Depot Gift Card, you could earn multiple entries by posting links to the giveaway on Facebook, MySpace, StumbleUpon, Digg, blogging about the contest on your own blog, etc. Upon further review, that might have tipped the scales too far into someone’s favor. Because Twitter seems to be all the rage right now, you can earn extra entries this time around via Twitter. Right off the bat, if you aren’t already, you need to be following @TailgatingIdeas to qualify for an additional entry. If you are a Twitter user and already following @TailgatingIdeas, just cut and paste the following text for additional entries:
Win a $100 Home Depot Gift Card from @TailgatingIdeas – Visit http://3.ly/Hu and leave a comment to enter.
If you tweet the above text, it will earn you an additional entry. (By leaving a comment, following @TailgatingIdeas on Twitter and a tweet of the above text, you already earned three entries.)
Here is how you can really earn a ton of entries:
For each 1,000 followers you have on Twitter, you will earn an additional entry. Tweeting the above text before you leave your comment will be helpful. That way you can leave the link to your specific tweet regarding this contest in your comment thus determining how many followers you have. Also, by linking to your tweet of this contest in your comment, you will determine who you are on Twitter in order to give you proper credit.
For example, if Ashton Kutcher left a comment below, was following @TailgatingIdeas on Twitter and tweeted to all of his 1,947,855 followers on Twitter, he would earn 1,904 entries. (comment = 1, following @TailgatingIdeas = 1, tweet = 1, and per 1,000 followers = x 1 he would earn 1.904 entries.) Of course Ashton Kutcher has the most followers on Twitter and is an extreme case but his Twitter account serves as an example. Jenn Sterger would earn four entries because she has 1,725 followers. (She is not currently following @TailgatingIdeas but if she was, she would earn four entries. Okay, you get the point.)
So the bottom line is, leave a comment, follow @TailgatingIdeas on Twitter and retweet the text from above. Get a ton of followers to earn more entries and increase your chance to win a $100 Home Depot Gift Card.
Like last time, to determine the random winner, I will be using the “True Random Number Generator” from Random.org. The number of entries each participant has earned will be posted on TailgatingIdeas.com prior to the random draw. So comment, follow, and retweet and you could have $100 at Home Depot at your disposal to do with whatever you like.
Deadline to enter is June 5, 2009. Winner will be announced on June 7, 2009. Best of luck to everyone. And if you haven’t done it already, go get your dad a Home Depot Gift Card for Father’s Day.
- WWJD For A Kegerator
- Win a YM Sports Grate in the Hot Mama/Smokin' Daddy Photo Contest
- Tailgater Monthly Survey Could Win You A Big Green Egg or Honeywell Generator
- Be Nice Get Coal Contest
- Tailgating Recipe Contest: Win $100 Gift Card & Free Stubb's Goodies
- $100 Home Depot Gift Card Finalists Revealed; Winner Announced Tomorrow
- CoolerDry Giveaway Winner Announced
- Secret Code Words For Johnsonville Grillville Game
- Del Monte Hosting Ultimate Tailgate Fan Video Contest
- Tailgating Gear Review: The Bubba Keg Grill